In-house Legal Team
The company’s in-house legal team are in growth mode and advise a robust international energy business on legal matters as they pertain to offshore production. Position Description
Due to a significant pipeline of work, the in-house legal team at this leading offshore company are seeking a commercial lawyer to join their Aberdeen team as a legal counsel.
This is an operational role that will see you supporting the UK Legal Counsel (also based in Aberdeen) on a range of commercial matters including (but not limited to):
- Managing the legal operational and commercial aspects (including contracts and subcontracts) of the business in the UK (with a focus on offshore production)
- Advising on tenders
- Providing legal guidance and advice to various internal business departments
- Assisting on domestic and international disputes
- Briefing external counsel
- Co-ordinating relevant training and developing best practices for staff
There are genuine long-term development prospects for the right candidate, with the opportunity to gain significant hands-on experience across a range of legal sector areas.
The company offer a range of excellent benefits, including a competitive salary package, a range of personal insurance options, a generous pension program and a 37.5 hour working week. Requirements
This is a busy team who support a wide range of sector areas within the business. This, allied with the low-leverage nature of the team, will mean that this role will be best suited to a confident operator with a solid skillset who is keen to take their career to the next level.
As a minimum, you will have:
- Trained at a respected law firm or in house team (provided they have a defined traineeship program)
- Strong academics from a respected university
- 2+ years of post-qualified practising experience, ideally with a focus on the oil & gas sector
- The ability and desire to manage a busy workload with competing deadlines
- A sense of humour and inquisitive mindset
Candidates with demonstrable experience in oil & gas law, commercial contracts or shipping law (or related disputes across these areas) will be well received. Contact
For further information, please contact Glenn Johnston
on +44 (0)7936 744 417 or forward your CV and degree transcripts