We have an opportunity for a talented mid-level competition lawyer to join the Sydney office of this major law firm. The Competition practice is widely regarded as being one of the pre-eminent teams in Australia.
Within the group, they have highly respected and market leading practitioners that provide competition, enforcement and economic regulation advice. They are the "go-to" practitioners for policy advice and legislative reform.
The client list is exceptional, many of whom are long-standing clients, across a range of industries including aviation, broadcasting, energy and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, and water.
On offer is the opportunity to work on:
- assisting clients secure ACCC clearance for mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- advising on the Competition and Consumer Act
- representing clients during ACCC investigations and enforcement actions
- advising on consumer law issues such as misleading and deceptive conduct and unconscionable conduct
- advising on access and economic regulation.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the market leading competition practice, where you will gain exposure to the most high-profile matters and transactions in Australia.Requirements
You will have at between 2 and 6 years'
experience in competition law from a law firm or regulator, in Australia or another English speaking jurisdiction.
In addition, you will have:
- a developing professional profile and an ability to develop an internal network beyond the practice group
- a willingness to work autonomously on smaller, less complex matters whilst being a team player on larger, more complex matters
- an ability to consistently present a positive image of self, the team and the firm.
For further information, please contact Matt Harris
on +61 2 8381 0722
// +61 411 857 036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.