19 Aug Finding the right fit
In an interview, making a good impression and highlighting your skills and knowledge is of course key!
But, just as important, is getting all the information you need to ensure you:
(a) have insight into what the duties and responsibilities will be in your role;
(b) know what the team dynamic is like; and,
(c) understand the management style of your new boss.
This will help to confirm it is the right fit for you!
The quality of questions you ask can also be a sign to the interviewer of how interested you are in the opportunity.
With this in mind, here are some of our favourite questions for YOU to ask in an interview to help you make the right next career move!
- What attracted you to join, and what do you enjoy about working here?
- Why did the last person leave the position?
- What do you think the biggest challenge will be for the person starting this role?
- What does success look like in this role?
- What is the team dynamic like?
- What are the 3 key characteristics you feel are most important for this role?
- How would you describe your management style?
- What is something about the team that I would be surprised to learn
And remember, if you would like to have a confidential conversation about the current legal secretary market, current or projected salary banding and/or your specific situation, you can reach our Support and Shared Services recruitment team on 02 8381 0730.